Hazard Mitigation Grant Program (HMGP)
The (HMGP) program provides grants to states and local governments to implement long-term hazard mitigation measures after a major disaster declaration.
Guidance & Regulations
Approved LHMP Plans
Mitigation Success Stories
HMGP Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Who is eligible to apply for HMGP?
- What types of projects can be funded by the HMGP?
- How are potential HMGP projects selected and identified?
- What are the minimum project criteria?
- How much money is available in the HMGP?
- How do I apply for the HMGP?
- What is the deadline for applying for HMGP funds?
- How long will it take to get my HMGP project approved?
- Will I be forced to sell my home if my community is granted funding for an HMGP acquisition project?
- Why didn't I receive HMGP funds when some of my neighbors did?