Flood Mitigation Assistance (FMA) Program
FMA provides funding to assist states and communities in implementing measures to reduce or eliminate the long-term risk of flood damage to buildings, manufactured homes, and other structures insurable under the NFIP.
Guidance & Regulations
NFIP and CRS
Other Flood Programs
Flood Mitigation Success Stories
FMA Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Who can apply for Flood Mitigation Assistance (FMA) planning grants?
- What can a Flood Mitigation Assistance (FMA) planning grant be used for?
- Who is eligible for a Flood Mitigation Assistance (FMA) Project grant?
- Can I receive a Flood Mitigation Assistance (FMA) project grant without completing a Flood Mitigation Plan?
- Our community already has a Local Hazard Mitigation Plan (LHMP) which includes a flood hazard section. Do I still need a separate Flood Mitigation Plan (FMP)?